Monday, January 14, 2008

Villa Julie College (Click Here)

This weekend I was in the Baltimore/Washington DC area to visit family and speak at the Villa Julie College Student Leadership Retreat. Working at Villa Julie College gave me an opportunity to see my cousin and his wife. They just welcomed a baby girl into the world a week ago, so I got into the area a day early to visit them. Their daughter is beautiful (Autumn-Simonne). I found out my cousin lives a few miles from where I grew up ( I know, I've lived a lot of places). He took me to see one of my old houses. It's something how houses and neighborhoods from the past look the same and different when you revisit them as an adult.

After spending time with my cousin it was off to work with Villa Julie.Rodger and I were invited to speak and teach student leaders from various campus student organizations. All of the students and staff were great to work with. The students where into every workshop Rodger and I taught. I have to thank the students who have written to us on Facebook and Myspace and I also have to thank the group of ladies in the back of the room who recommended I talk my girlfriend (Kelly) to see the movie "P.S. I love you!" They gave the movie two big thumbs up and recommended that all men should take their significant other to see the movie. I love working on the road, you always learn new things.

One last thing. Rodger and I saw the National Treasure sequel. Two thumbs us. If you liked the first movie, definitely see the second. Also click on the link above to find out more about Villa Julie College.


Autumn-Simonne

Me, Sabian and his father (my cousin) Bernie

No comments: