Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Biggest Gainer?

The Biggest Gainer? That's an interesting title for a blog. Most people know about the show "The Biggest Loser!" When the New Year comes around most people talk about getting in better shape. This usually means loosing weight. For a tall skinny person like me, it means trying to put on weight and muscle. Training for the half marathon didn't help out much. I was able to keep my weight up for most of the training, but the last couple of weeks caught up with me. I dropped about ten pounds by the time the race ended. I put on about 5 pounds since then, but I would like to fill in more.

The gym I belong to is having a contest for it's members. My trainer was talking to me and asked me to sign up for the competition. The competition has two categories. One is for people trying to loose weight and the other is for people looking to gain muscle/ have the most physically dramatic change. The contest begins February 1st and last for 60 days. If I win my division, I can win $500. Did I mention that there aren't a lot of people in my division.

I'm going to be put on a meal plan and a new work out plan. I started this morning and the trainer pushed me so hard I got light headed. I've got to work on the eating part. I'll post my before and after pictures in a little over 60 days! Cross your fingers for me!

Frank

No comments: