Friday, January 18, 2008

More words from Rodger

Here's another good one from Rodger.

Recently, I was taking our dog Remington out for his “personal time” . As I was walking around the house, I happened to look up into the window to my home office. I noticed that the light was creating a shadow of my son looking for something near the window. As I saw him moving back and forth, it dawned on me that I could see his actions and he was unaware that I was observing. It also struck me that through that same window others can see my actions and I would be unaware.

That is the way it is in leadership sometimes. People know who we are by the shadows we cast and our actions or appearance when we are in public. But individuals are also observing us when we are unaware. Can they see what we are looking for? Can they tell our frustration? Do they see us in the proper light?
As you go throughout your day, think about what kind of shadows you cast. Hope fully, they are B.A.D. ones.

No comments: