Saturday, March 21, 2009
The only way to predict the future is to create it! (author unknown)
Monday, March 16, 2009
Kelly and I have done a lot of running the last two months. One of the perks from our races are the medals you collect. We got a medal for completing the marathon. A few weeks later we got a medal in the mail that says "39.3" on it. It's a medal for running a half-marathon and a full marathon in back to back years. The 39.3 represents the total mileage from both races. Finally we collected a medal for participating in the Ragnar Relay. The medal has a "beverage" opener built in!
Monday, March 09, 2009
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you need to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blue berries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & amp; walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive, present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone or anything.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don't have to win every argument.
. Nor do you have to prove that you are right.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything. (Include yourself.)
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
20. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick or hurting. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
21. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
22. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: 'I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.'
23. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
Saturday, March 07, 2009
Last weekend Kelly and I participated in the Ragnar Relay. It's one of several relay races help around the country. We ran the race with a team made up of friends and their friends. The twelve of us ran over 202 miles. The "Del Sol" race began in the mountains of Arizona and finished in the Phoenix suburbs.
Our team "The Rum Runners" completed the race in a little over 32 hours. Each team member ran 3 legs of different lengths and difficulty. When you get to the end of your leg, you exchange a bracelet with your teamate and they run the next leg of the race. Each team had two chase vans to keep track of their runners. Kelly ran a little over 14 miles. I clocked in just under 19 miles. Their were over 250 teams with a variety of themes and ability levels. Teams began the race at different times based on their predicted finishing times. The first team left at 7AM Friday morning. The last team left at 4 PM. Our team started at 8 AM. There were a few teams that finished the race in under 24 hours! Amazing!
The race was a lot of fun and we look forward to running in it again in the future!
For more information, click on the link below.
Friday, March 06, 2009
Here is the link to the site. Enjoy!