Tuesday, January 01, 2008

My Florist Cafe (CLICK HERE)

Kelly and I looked for a fun way to bring in 2008. Everything cost a TON of money and one of our goals to make smarter financial decisions in 2008. So, what did we do? We went to one of our favorite restaurants in Phoenix. The restaurant is called “My Florist.” The food there is great and there is a piano player there on the weekends. Before you start to think a piano player is boring, wait until you meet Nicole. Nicole will play everything from Rhianna, to Madonna, to Prince, to Billy Joel, to Carlos Santana and last night she pulled out something I’ll remember for a long time. She played the theme song to the video game Super Marion Brothers. She played the theme, the coins being collected, the restart song and the famous plumbers going down the pipes. Too funny!

The restaurant was a lot of fun. There was no extra fee to get in. Kelly and I got dressed up. She looked Really good in her black skirt and blouse. Wine as 50% off. There were dinner specials. Party hats and noise makers were given out to all the guests and when the New Year approached, one of the managers got up on stage near the piano that thank all the guests for attending and started counting down the time to 2008 at 59 seconds. He counted down all the way from the one minute mark. 2008 started off great. I got a kiss from the women I love; there were a lot of Happy people; and we didn’t pay a ton of money. The night ended on a funny note. When I paid for the meal, the server noticed my name. He talked to his co-worker who came over to introduce himself. He wanted to meet me because his last name is Kitchen too. He said he had never met anyone else with that name! David Kitchen, it was great to meet you. Kelly and I will be back to your restaurant in the future.

For anyone planning to visit Phoenix; if you are looking for a good meal, service and atmosphere, be sure to click on the Link above!





No comments: