Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Word from my Cousin

I was working on my laptop today and I saw my cousin Bernie was online. For those of you who don't remember, he's in the Army and stationed in Iraq. The good news is he's doing good. Found out he'll be home for a short "vacation" December 30th-Mid January, Then back to Iraq until June. I asked him how things were going and he told me pretty good, other than supplies being short. I asked him to send me a list of the soldiers needs and here's what he sent me:

Ramen Noodles, Hostess cupcakes or twinkes, baking flour, powdered sugar, snickers bars, pancake mix, baked beans, cooking oil, kool aid with sweetner, canned beef stew, pop tarts, gummy bears, muffin mix (blueberry, cherry, banana nut, apple) Pepperidge farm cookies, canned veggies, instant rice/any flavor, and a honey backed ham.

Bernie told me they only get supplies from the military once a week and the soldiers he's stationed with can only eat MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) for so long. So if you'd like to make some soldiers happy, please mail any food items or holiday cards/thank yous to:

Captain Samuel Glover
4th Motor Transportation Regiment
FOB Warrior
APO AE 09338

*** I've been mailing items to Bernie and things arrive in about a week! Make sure you ask the post office for a flat rate box!

No comments: