Sunday, November 27, 2005

Searching for my Creativity!



I've been doing a lot of cleaning today. While I was cleaning, I came across my old sketch pad and some art supplies. I also came across some old photos from a photography class I took. I started wondering, am I as creative as I used to be?

I think the answer is yes and no. To the left is a picture I drew at work to welcome people to our office. Most people were surprised that I drew the picture, and most were even more surprised to see that a lot of the pictures drawn on the information board are from me. At points I'm creative at work and in my life, but am I being creative enough?

I don't think I am, but doing my cleaning this weekend has definitely got my creative juices flowing again! People always come to me for ideas. I'm always using my creativity for other people, but what am I doing for me? The more creative I am the more I enjoy life. The less boring things are. Sometime I amaze myself with all the ideas I can come up with. I'm definitely going to have to start taking my own advice and applying that advice to my life. There are a lot of things I'm passionate about and most involve some form of creativity/not following the status quo. Life is short and there is a ton of things I want to do.

So my advice for me and the people reading this. Life isn't all about work; be creative; pursue what you're passionate about; and every now and then rediscover your past and so you discover your present and future!

2 comments:

prancer said...

My creative juices are what keep me going everyday. Without them I wouldn't be the person I am today.

flockjcu said...

word up man!!
good post!