Saturday, August 30, 2008

Critical Mass

I'm in Chicago for a few days and I'm trying to see as much as possible. I've been to a lot of different places, but I've never been "IN" Chicago. I've been in the airports, driven in the suburbs, see the skyline from the air; but no trips into the city itself.

While I was exploring yesterday, I ran into "Critical Mass". It's a monthly bike ride where THOUSANDS of people participate. I've done a little research and found out the bike rides happen all around the world. The rides are for bike enthusiasts. Be sure to click on the link above for more information.

The Chicago ride looked like a bicycle parade. There were people on roller blades and skates too. The shut down the city traffic for at least 10-15 minutes. People were in costumes, saying "Happy Friday," and sporting a variety of bicycles. Enjoy the photos, I enjoyed taking them!