Thursday, May 03, 2007

What's new Frank?


(Me getting a little energy and relaxation at the Oxygen Bar)
Where have you been Frank?

Every April/May work becomes a “no fly zone.” Which pretty much means I’m so, busy I barely have time for myself. Little sleep and little rest. Busy, busy, busy.

So, what’s been keeping me busy?

Flag Football
Our team “The Super Scrubs” lost a close one this week and fell to 1-2. We lost 16-14. A couple of bad bounces doomed us. The Monday before, we just got beat. I think the final was 30 something to 16. I do have two touchdown catches, but I’d rather win.

Work
The end of the school year is coming fast. This past week my students had an event everyday of the week. Movies, Oxygen Bar, Cell Phone decorating, free giveaways, a comedy show, and the end of the year Awards Banquet and After Party. Lots of fun! You really feel good when you see your students win awards and the thank you for helping. A couple of my graduating students gave me a picture frame with their pictures and signatures thanking me for all that I do. That made me feel really good.

We also have a Congressional Art Show that we host every year. Local high school students are invited to submit artwork. The winner of the Art Show will have their artwork displayed in Washington DC. I spent last Wednesday setting up the show with a co-worker. We only display the artwork for a week, so I had to take it down tonight and get everything packed and re-wrapped for pick-up.

This week I’ve been to two more awards banquets. I’m eating good! A presentation a our Board of Trustees meeting and tonight another comedy show. Tonight’s show is interesting because it’s being hosted by our Sign Language Club. The comedian is the child of deaf parents, so he signs the entire show. Pretty amazing to watch.

Speaking
Starting to get ready for the fall speaking tour. Me and my speaking partner met with our agent (she's the best) and started to plan things out. Lots of promotional work, planning and submissions for conferences. Being on stage is the easy part. All the behind the scenes work is the tough part. Updating the website, promotional materials, calendar scheduling, putting together a DVD, etc. WOW! It will be fun to see different parts of the country this fall!

Gifts and Cards
Mothers Day is coming up, so I have to get the cards and gifts for mom and grandma. I also have to say congratulations to my friends Brain and Teresa. They are expecting twins. They just got a new house (great place) and I helped them move last weekend. Happy 30th Birthday, Happy House Warming and Happy Graduation to my friend Michelle.

So, that’s a little bit of my crazy schedule. I’ll be sure to post pictures and more stories. I’m off to film a video/movie on Friday. I need to read over and practice the script ASAP. I have to catch Spiderman 3 this weekend too.

So, until next time……………be on the look out for more stories and thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Brian said...

I already knew all that but it's awesome to see it all written out! Hope you're taking some time here and there to take it all in. Can't wait to make my cameo appearance with the Scrubs on Monday night!