Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Commencement at Lakeland

This past weekend Lakeland Community College had it's 40th Commencment (graduation) Ceremony. The program has become so big, we have to have the program outside under a LARGE tent! The tent is large enough to hold 3000+ people. We had somewhere between 2800-2900 people show up.

I have the responsiblity of supervising all of the ushers and crowd control. Dealing with almost 3000 guest, students, and VIPs keeps us super busy for about 4 hours. Lots of running around. Things turned out great and people had a good time.

We did such a good job, my boss thanked everyone with gifts. The female co-workers in the office received flowers with a thank you note. My boss couldn't figure out what to get me, so I got a very creative Fruit basket!

Pictures of the tent before the ceremony and my gift basket are below!





No comments: