Tuesday, May 08, 2007

¿Hablás Espanol?



One of my goals is to learn Spanish and eventually become fluent. To achieve this goal I decided to start taking Spanish classes again.

I took Spanish in high school and college, but if you don't use it; you loose it. I have friends who's native language is Spanish, so being around them helps. They suggested I take classes because I have a good understanding of the language. I understand what they're saying, but I can't speak back.

In March I started taking classes. My crazy schedule only allowed me to attend 50% of the classes. Tonight was the last night of the class. The instructor took us to an authentic Mexican restaurant for our last class. We had to order our food in Spanish and tell the class "What's new in our lives" in Spanish. It was a good time and the food was good. I'm going to continue learning, but I'm going to make sure I clear out enough time in my life to "really" learn.

No comments: