Friday, February 22, 2008

On the Road Again

I'm back to blogging. Rodger and I just finished up a week on the road. We were in four time zones in four days. Phoenix, Cleveland, Chicago, Madison, St, Louis, Houston and Las Vegas were some of the cities we passed through or visited.

The first stop of a busy week was the University of Wisconsin in Madison. Rodger and I were on campus to present and teach at their annual leadership conference. The morning began with Rodger and I speaking in front of over 500 students. We enjoyed the conference, we were treated like royalty. We have to thank Kasie and her staff for a great time.

Below are a few pictures from the home of the Wisconsin Badgers. Yes it was cold! I believe it was minus 4 degrees Saturday morning. There was a ice fishing tournament outside of the Student Union. There was also a polar plunge for charity. That means they cut a whole in the ice and people jumped in!










After we finished working with the students of Wisconsin, we jumped in the car and headed to Chicago to take a flight to the "Show Me State." We flew to St. Louis to present at the National Association for Campus Activities (NACA) National Conference. Rodger and I were a part of the Training Showcase Sunday morning. We competed against six other performers to sell ourselves. Things went really good. As of today, we booked three future dates with schools that participated. Several other schools are looking to see where we fit into their calendars. I'll post the dates on the blog soon. The dates we were booked for are for August/September 2008! St. Louis was also a good time because I got a chance to spend time with my friends and students from my former employer, Lakeland Community College. Kayte and Rich it was good to see you. For those of you in Ohio who read my blog, Lakeland has invited Rodger and myself to speak on campus Wednesday, April 23rd. I will post more information soon. Here are a few pictures from the conference. The pugs name is Max. His mommy is our agent Brooke. She brought him to the conference to attract people to our booth.






From St. Louis, we jumped on a plane to Phoenix for a day of rest. Kelly welcomed us "home" with a great homemade dinner. I got a chance to unpack and repack. Rodger got a chance to see a little bit of the Phoenix area. From there, we were back on a plane to Las Vegas. Wednesday night, Rodger and I were at again. This time things were a little different. We were performing/speaking in Las Vegas! How many people can say they did Vegas. UNLV invited Rodger and I on campus to participate in their Leadership Week activities. The students who attended were great, especially our one student who had a great hat and enjoyed yelling "impact" all through our presentation! We have to thank Heather Brown for the UNLV shirts and treating us out to dinner. The food was great! Good Luck running for President of the United States in 2020. After performing, it was time to show Rodger Las Vegas. I only had about six hours total to show off the strip to my friend/Vegas Rookie. Every time I return to Vegas, it is amazing to see all the changes. It was a little different to be in town during the "off season." A lot of the hotels are cleaning and fixing things before tourist season starts.
























Visitors first and last chance to gamble while in Las Vegas.....the airport!

No comments: