Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mini Vacation

The University of Phoenix Stadium




Downtown and Uptown Phoenix


My experiment with the panoramic function on my camera. Click the photo to see a larger version of the picture of the Phoenix Valley. I hope you enjoyed the pictures from my min vacation to Thunderbird Park in Glendale, Arizona
I'm always telling people to take a mini vacation. They respond that they don't have the time or money. I respond that you can take 5 minutes just to get away from things and call it a vacation. We all have crazy and busy lives. Sometimes we just need to take a few minutes for ourselves to get away!

Vacation - An extended period of recreation, especially one spent awry from home or in traveling.

Yesterday I took my mini vacation to a local park. There is a hill (western description) or mountain (eastern description) at the park. You can see most of the valley from the top. I hiked up to the top and took a few pictures of the valley and the sun setting. I was only away from home for about 45 minutes, but it was definitely recreation. I took my mind away from work and life. I felt relaxed and ready to tackle my next challenges.

Next time you're head is full, you're a little down, a little worn out; take a mini vacation to get away from things. Find a place that relaxes you and helps you refocus.