Friday, March 16, 2007

Tanqueray Style Sessions

Last night I got asked to work the Tanqueray Style Sessions Party in downtown Cleveland. I do some work every now and then for a event promotions company. Most of the jobs are easy ways to make some money and usually involve working a big event or nationwide tour. This event was held a club called "Metropolis." The party was a invite only party. "The Roots" we the special performers for the VIP crowd. I only saw part of the show because my job was to help check in guests and VIPS at the front door. There was a big crowd with a lot of "local" celebrities. A couple of people I knew came to the party. Doors opened at 8 PM and people were still showing up at 11 PM. Pretty crazy considering the headliners only performed 10-11!

Some of the funnier moments of the night had to be the people who showed up without IDs. Having your ID might be important when you're going to a bar/club where a party is being hosted by a company that makes GIN and the invitation say 21 and older. I was amazing to see all the people who were mad because security turned them away for being underage or not having an ID. We've got some smart people here in Cleveland. I got to walk around for a bit and catch the end of the show. I was tired and I couldn't feel my toes because I stood near a cold door all night. The good news is, I made some easy money on the side. I've got to pay off my college loans!

Here are a few pictures

Me and some of the Tanqueray Staff. We all had to wear green. We're ready for St. Patty's Day. I got to keep the tie.

"The performance stage"

1 comment:

Brian said...

Sweet gig! Your new tie is "highlighter" green... kinda like that college b-ball analyst's on ESPN!