Monday, March 19, 2007

Left Handers

My step-father(ex-step father now) is left handed. My sister and I grew up with him and he taught us how to do different things. I always make fun of my sister because she's right handed and does a lot of things backwards. She's a right hander doing things left handed.

This past week I discovered she's not the only person to be taught by the "left hander." I was helping some people tie their ties (the highlighter green tie Brian!)last week. They couldn't get them right or just didn't know how. When I went to help them, the one guy Ken made a comment that I did it backwards. I soon discovered that, over the last 15 years, I've been tying my ties like a lefty. This morning for work I decided to tie my tie the "right way." Talk about weird! I managed though, so I guess I'm a ambidextrious when it comes to tying my ties!

3 comments:

E-Speed said...

My sister and I are both right handed but for some reason we both play pool left handed. No lefties in the fam either. It's a mystery! :)

Brian said...

I golf and bat left handed, but write and throw right handed. That might explain my ability to draw and do math equally well.... hmmm, that might explain your creativity and smarts as well!

prancer said...

I am left handed, but bat, bowl, play tennis, and the list goes on with my right. My right side is stronger and more flexible than my left side. My grandfather was a lefty, but both of my parents are right handed.