Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ohio Weather

I have a co-worker who is orignially from Columbia (South America). We tried to explain "Ohio Weather" to her and she didn't believe us. We told her how there is always a "tease" from mother nature in March. The weather will get warm and haave everyone dreaming about spring and summer.....then winter will come back.Just to "tease" everyone!

The past 24 hours here in Ohio have been a great example of the "tease!" The weather here can be crazy. The past two days the weather has been in the 70's or near 70 degrees. It rained yesterday morning, then the sun came out. A couple of my friends called and asked me to throw the football around with them. This was about 6:30 in the afternoon. We were in shorts, enjoying the weather and having a good time. About an hour later, thunderstorms started to roll through and the sky's got dark. We the hints of funnel clouds and the boom of thunder. That ended things pretty quick. I went inside to watch the news and there were tornado warnings for the area. For the next couple of hours it poored. At this point, flood warnings were issued because of all of the rain and snow that had melted from the warm temperatures. It rained all night. When I woke up this morning, there was a nice coating of 1-2 inches of SNOW everywhere. I was just wearing shorts outside a few hours before. As I drove to work, I saw the one river was over it's banks. As I type this now, the sun is out and the snow has melted. Flood watches are still everywhere. Even though the sun is out, it's definately hat and glove weather.

Got to love the weather in Ohio!

No comments: