Saturday, February 04, 2006

Message from my cousin.

Many of you know my cousin is stationed in Iraq. Sam (Bernie) will be back in the states in June. I've thanked many of you for writing him and sending care packages, but recently I received a e-mail from Bernie and I wanted to pass it along to everyone.

Dear Friends and Family,

Thanks so much for the letters and care packages over the past few months, and that is not only from me but the 20 other soldiers stationed on this Iraqi Post here. Its great Americans like you the make us proud to service. Tell the whole crew that we appreciate the support very much and for us, you're not just friends but family. The team is currently still teaching basic soldier task outside of the wire preparing their Army to one day take on the reins of glory and freedom. I went home on mid tour back to Baltimore and South Carolina but of course the time with the family went by to fast. Denise is still working and finishing her PhD in Marriage and Family Counseling, while Sabian is an amazing handful of excitement enjoying life. I'’m still looking forward to coming home soon in June with only four months to go. Believe me I look forward to the day I can see my family again and touch American soil. I have to go but I do ask that you stay in touch and may God bless you and your family!

CPT Sam Glover

No comments: