Saturday, February 11, 2006

Still Busy


Most people call me one of the busiest people the know. I've definitely been living up to that statement over the last couple of weeks. My being busy has effected my postings. I plan to keep the updates more frequent.

So, what has been going on with Frank?

Winter returned back to Ohio! When my family returned to Florida, the snow came. It's been white for the last week and a half. It snowed so much on Super Bowl Sunday, I ended up staying home. It was way to crappy to go out!

Australia is approaching fast. I just had my flight itinerary e-mailed to me today. I think I'll end up logging in about 25,000 air miles by the time the trip is over. The nice thing is, I can add the mileage onto my frequent flyer plan with Continental Airlines! Yeah! If I read things right, I'll be in the air over 20+ hours by the time the group/team arrives in Australia. With Apple lowering the prices of their IPods this week, I'll be buying one! I'm going to need something to listen too on the plane and sitting in airports! If any of you work in education or you're going to school, Apple will give you a 10% discount on their products. Check out their website when you get a chance.

On top of getting ready for Australia, work has been keeping me busy. We've had a ton of programs and events going on at the college, so I've been spending some long hours there. Recently played in a Faculty/Staff basketball game. Our team won 53-50. I had a triple double....12 points, 15 rebounds and about 15 turnovers! The game was fun and I found out I'm not in basketball shape.

After work and Australia, there's the personal life. I've been hanging out with friends, and I've been working on pursuing the public speaking thing. I went to see Dave Coleman "The Dating Doctor" speak recently. The movie "Hitch" was based on a lot of Dave's speaches. He's also the owner of the company I'm working for. He's also a 9-Time speaker of the year, so anytime I can watch him, I learn a lot. If you get a chance, go to his website http://www.datingdoctor.com He introduced me to the crowd and I ended up staying after the show talking to students for over an hour. I got asked to teach a workshop on leadership at Case Western Reserve University today, so that was fun and gave me an opportunity to practice my speaking. I had a tough time slot to speak (the end of the day), so I didn't think things were going that well. Then the group I spoke too, gave me an applause and a couple of the students asked me to come to their school! Wow! So, I'm even more motivated to look for more speaking jobs. I like being infront of people and teaching.

To get more work though, I've had to put a lot of time into typing up power points and preparing marketing information. I also started taking my acting classes again.

I'm trying to think what else I've been doing, but it's all been a blur. I started taking a yoga class, and i've been in the gym 5 days a week to keep up my energy, and I some how managed to get my taxes done and get Valentines Day cards in the mail for mom and grandma!

Wow I'm tired just reading what I typed.

Before I run, the pictures above are from one of my students. I went to a entertainment conference back in October and my students dared me to ride an mechanical bull. I thought the pictures were funny. I haven't posted any pictures for awhile, so there's a gift to all my readers. I hope you get a good laugh. I did!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

WHat a sexy guy! Nothing like a man riding a machincal bull! But 2 men on a bull. (you and brian in vegas) THat is like Brokeback Mountain. HAHAHA Viva LAS VEGAS!!!!!