Wednesday, February 22, 2006

15 Year High School Reunion

I had a conference call with my High School Reunion committee last night. I volunteered to help out. The story of the reunion is pretty intersting!

The Henderson High School Class of 1991 was so on top of things, we missed our 10 year High School Reunion. I guess a lot of people thought someone else would work on it, so by the time a group of classmates got together is was too late. So talks of have a 11 year reunion began. That idea died a quick death.

The group then started talking about collecting names and prepping for a 20 year reunion. As the talks and planning started, a few people thought it would be good to have a 15 year reunion. A lot of people talked about wanting to look good at their reunion vs. looking old or bad at a 20 year reunion.

I have a busy schedule and missed out on a few meetings, so when I joined in on the conference call last night I discovered the group had decided to hold the reunion this year during the Thanksgiving weekend. Leave it to me to the barrier of bad news and bring up the fact of that being a difficult time of the year to travel and it being a family holiday. The committee is planning on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I'm going to help all I can, but I probably won't make it, because #1 I'll probably be seeing family in Florida and #2 It's expensive to travel to Philly during the holiday for a one day trip.

On top of all of this, the hall the committee wants to reserve will charge about $35 a head for rental and catering if we get 250 people. Our class only graduated 254. So far 60+ graduates have been tracked down.

At this point I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm going to do what I can to help the group out. It's almost too late now to have a summer reunion (the time I voted for) and time is running out for the Thanksgiving reunion..We still haven't raised any money! We're still trying to track down people, and our High School isn't being helpful. So, cross your fingers for the class of 1991 in it's dreams to hold a 15 year reunion, or maybe a 16 year reunion, because our class loved to be different!

No comments: