Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My mission!



I was working out in the gym the other day and I had a guy come up to me and ask this question, "Do you have people say you look a lot like Reggie Miller?" At that point I smile and say "All the time."

For those of you who don't know, Reggie Miller is a former NBA player. He currently works for TNT/TBS as an analyst for NBA basketball games. He's 6'6 I'm 6'3. He's a multi-millionaire and I'm still trying to pay my college loans. When he shaved his head/cut his hair close a few years back, the comparisons started coming out of the woodwork.

This year alone, I've had people ask me for an autograph, been stopped by airport security to double check my ID, had someone yell don't let Reggie Miller shoot while I was playing basketball, and had a hotel employee put me to the front of the line thinking I was Reggie Miller.

The picture above is a copy of one of my slides from presentations. When I show the slide, the audiences start laughing and go crazy. I've been hearing the Reggie Miller comments for the last 10+ years. Friends buying me figurines of Reggie Miller; friends saying I should dress up as him for Halloween; and several people stopping me to ask me if I was him. Too Funny!

My mission is to meet the man I'm compared too. I want to meet him and get a side by side photo. Today I wrote a radio show he'll be a guest on to see if I can meet him. I'm also searching the internet to find his contact information. I think meeting him will be great and the stories and photos will be even funnier.