Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Adventures of Flat Stanley

Kelly and I with Flat Stanley

Over the last week, I've been keeping busy with a special visitor. A friend of mine from Ohio sent his buddy "Flat Stanley" out for a visit. Stanley is part of a second grade project. Stanley is sent out to a friend or family member who lives in a different part of the country. Stanley hangs out for a week and learns about the area. Stanley then returns back to school a week later, with pictures and stories about his adventure.

Here are a few of the pictures and stories from Stanley's trips to Arizona. I took him just about everywhere. Being ex-military(notice the camouflage), he came with a "tough guy" look on his face, but by the time the trip was over, I got him to smile.


Stanley at Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamondbacks 
Stanley at the University of Phoenix Stadium. Home of Super Bowl 42
Stanley and I visit the downtown farmers market
Stanley relaxing at the pool.
I had Stanley play a little basketball with me and some friends. He got dunked on several times!
Nice cold beverage (Strawberry Tea) for lunch.
Stanley at the Arizona Capitol Building
Stanley was looking a little "FLAT" so I took him to the gym to work out.
We did a little hiking and rock climbing. Thats when I first saw the smile!
A little dessert training. The smile got bigger!