Monday, August 27, 2007

Worst Hotel Ever!

I normally don’t talk bad about things, but today I have to! On Thursday night, Kelly and I landed in Philadelphia. We needed a hotel to crash at over night, so I went to Hotels.com to find something close to the airport. Based off of the location, reviews, pictures and price, I booked the “Days Inn Philadelphia Airport.” If you are ever in Philadelphia, NEVER stay at this hotel. It is in Chester, Pennsylvania and across the street from Widner University. We were first told that the hotel’s shuttle would pick us up 5 minutes after we called for the shuttle. After waiting for about 25 minutes, I called again. I was told the shuttle would be pick us up in 3 minutes. It showed up in 10 minutes after my second call.

While driving to the airport, we discovered it was about 20 minutes away from the airport, not near it. The hotel smelled of bug killer. Kelly and I got our room keys and attempted to get to our room. The elevator wasn’t working. We pushed the up button but nothing happened. An older gentlemen came over and pressed the down button and the elevator appeared. We got on the elevator and when the doors started to close; they wouldn’t close all the way. The gentlemen put a hand on each door and pulled them closed!

We got to our room to discover a modest room with a “unique smell.” Nothing terrible just unique…”old hotel” would be the best description. I went to use the bathroom, to discover the toilet wasn’t cleaned. I wiped down the seat before Kelly went in. Kelly went to use the bathroom to discover that the bathtub was black and brown on the inside and had cracks in the lining and bugs. We refused to take a shower. There was a diner (in name only) attached to the hotel, so we went back to the elevator of death. I closed the doors with my hands. The diner had some very scary looking people, smelled of smoke, and had some scary looking food. We looked for something safe. We got a greasy Monte cristo sandwich and some fries. Surprisingly we didn’t get sick.

We went back to the hotel. We joked about the hotel and the night and questioned what the pool looked like. Yes the hotel has a pool! We did check out the workout room. Half the equipment looked broken I apologized to Kelly for booking the hotel. I told her that the pictures on the internet made the hotel look nicer that in was. We were tired, so went back up the elevator of death to return to our room. I pushed the up and down buttons, then closed the doors manually with my hands after we got in. We were kind of scared to sleep in the beds but we did. Getting to sleep was a problem because of the fire station located next door to the hotel. Nothing like the sound of sirens to help you fall asleep.

When we checked out the next morning, we tried another elevator. We got in the other elevator to discover scary dark brown handprints smeared all over the walls of the elevator. I looked like a horror movie when someone dies and they smear there hands on a wall. At this point, Kelly looks at me and asks…”Are you putting this on your blog?” My answer…”YES!” I plan to leave a comment on Hotels.com and Days Inn’s websites. To be honest, I’m going to recommend that Days Inn take their name off the building.

I will say a couple of nice things about the hotel; the room had free wireless internet, a microwave and a mini fridge.

No comments: