Monday, August 27, 2007

Albright College (Click Here)




Friday night was great. I was booked to do a show at Albright College for the freshman class, the class of 2011. I was at the small private college in Reading, Pennsylvania to give my “Creative Dating” speech/show. I was surprised to walk into the campuses main chapel. I met a student named Katie. I told her that I’ve never done a show in a church before. She told me not to worry because everything was covered up. “It’s just a building with then curtains cover things” was what she told me. I got set up and did my sound check.

About 30 minutes later over 500 energized freshman and transfer students showed up with over 80 orientation leaders called “the POPS.” I knew the night was going to be a lot of fun when I heard more than half of the students signing to “Big Girls Don’t Cry” by Fergee and “Sweet Escape” by Akon and Gwen Stefani. The show started off with me and the 80 POPS dancing to the song “It feels good” by Toni, Tony, Tone. The POPS were on the Church State behind me and the students were dancing and clapping, looking like church congregation. The funny part was I was about to start talking about dating, relationships and sex! The show was great, the students were a lot of fun and the night was memorable. Thank you Albright College. I would also like to thank Katie and Sally. Thank you for the “Green Monkey” t-shirt and taking care of me.

Thank you for the Hotel! 10 times better than the “worst hotel ever!”

No comments: