Sunday, April 02, 2006

Day #1

I have a hand written journal I'll be keeping on the trip. When I can I will transfer what I wrote to the website. This is what I wrote on the airplane:

We just got the message that we are one hour away from Melbourne. The trip has been long and short. Here are a few things I've learned so far.....

#1 I'm traveling with a great group of people. They are funny and smart at the same time. I'm going to learn a lot, just by being with them.

#2 747's and all airplanes are not made for people over 5 feet tall. If you're over 5 feet tall, you're in trouble! Sitting 15 hours in one spot isn't good for the "rear!" I stood up and walked around for a bit, so the feeling is starting to return to my backside. 350 people shoved into a metal box with wings....Nice!

#3 Qantas is a great airline! I'm going to have a tough time flying domestic in the future. The food has been really good and the in flight entertainment can't be complained about. I love the little toothbrush, socks and eye mask we got.

#4 I'm getting used to the Australian accents. The people I've met on the plane have been friendly and shared a lot of information about their country. There is a very diverse group of people on the plane.

#5 Watching the sunrise behind the plane this morning was beautiful. I took a few pictures ( I posted a few on the my other page)

#6 It takes 25+ hours to get here. Cleveland to Los Angeles took 5 hours. We waited in Los Angeles for another 5 hours and the flight to Melbourne is 15 hours.

Thats all for now, more to come soon!

No comments: