Thursday, December 08, 2005

Wishing for a Snow Day!

It's still snowing here in Ohio. Working at a college, I'm hoping, wishing, praying for a snow day. The weather people with their "Mega Power Triple Doppler 5Billion Radar" are predicting another 6-8 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow morning. This morning the temperature dropped to Zero! So, I'm a little tired of cleaning my car off every morning and I'd love to just lay in my bed Friday and have my weekend turn into a 3 day weekend!

News and notes the week:

Monday- Returned to my acting classes. It was a lot of fun. I was nervous and rusty at first, but I found my footing and by the end of the night (5 hours later) I did a scenes from CSI with another actor and I did a monologue from "Black Hawk Down." The classes are a lot of fun and a great way to just getaway. For 5 hours I thought about nothing else other than my lines and acting out my scenes.

Monday Part 2- Got to work to find a car load for food waiting for me to send to my cousin and his fellow troops. I know people have big hearts during this time of year. But an anonymous donar has a huge heart. So right now I'm trying to figure out a way to send everything I've been collecting at work. For everyone who's been mailing items to his unit....THANK YOU!

Tuesday -Got offered my first Professional Speaking date. Yep, I had a college offer to pay me some big money to come talk to students at a conference. I had to turn the offer down though! =0 ( The date was for April and I'll be in Australia.

Wednesday - Met up with my "Lost" group to watch the show only to discover that the show was a repeat!

Thursday - I went to the Gwen Stefani concert with my friend Rachel tonight. My first big concert ever. Ciarra was the opening act. There was a big difference between the "opening act" and the "main act." Ciarra can't sing live. I was impressed by Gwen Stefani. She sounded better live than she does on her cd/radio. The tickets were free, so that made things even better. My co-worker won them on the radio, so Donna...THANK YOU very much!

Time for me to go to bed. I have to get my rest for the "Snow Day" I know I won't get. I also have to get ready for 2 Holiday Parties this weekend! That's my life, busy busy!

No comments: