Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My Trip to Florida!

I just got back from Florida; and it's time to get back to my blogging, so here's a review of my trip. The picture above is a picture of my mom, my grandmother and me. My grandparents surprised all of us by stopping in for a visit. They were on their way to see the rest of the family in Miami. They're both close to 80 and looking good! I got to see my grandmother, grandfather, four aunts, 2 cousins, my mom, my sister, my sisters dog and little brother. My brother's friend Cari joined me on the trip. My mom was also watching 3 children on the trip, so at one point there were over 15 people in the house!
The picture above is of my brother Jim, my sister Melissa, Cari and my mom at the Tampa Airport. Talk about a crazy airport to get in and out of. I think I circled 3 times trying to find the departures terminal. On the way back the pilot mentioned that the temperature difference was 50 degrees. It was 68 and sunny when I left Tampa and 18 when I got back to Cleveland! The weather wasn't the best in Florida for this visit, but 50's and 60's are better than single digits and snow. It was cloudy and rainy most of the time and got sunny the day I left, but no complaints here. The craziest story is, I took my mom, brother and Cari out to dinner at waterside restaurant on Monday night. While eating, we saw dolphins swimming by. 24 hours later, I was back in Ohio scrapping snow off my windshield.
This picture is of me and my brother at dinner at the City Pier restaurant. I don't think his sunglasses came off during my visit! He's cool like that! My family is about an hour away from the beaches in Tampa area. Everytime I go to visit, we go out exploring. On this visit we did some sight seeing on Anna Maria Island near Bradenton, Florida. Saw some dolphins jump out of the water at the beach; collected a ton of sea shells; and bought some beach souvenirs at the tourist shops.
This is another picture of the family. Mom always has to have a picture of her kids! She was busy the one night, so "the kids" snuck down to downtown Tampa to check out the sites. If you're ever in Tampa, you need to visit Splitsville. Splitsville is a bowling themed restaurant. The tables have personal bowling lanes set up infront of them. The food is really good and it was fun to have our own private lane. None of us were great bowlers, I tied for first place with a dominating 103! The good thing was I won a free game of bowling by getting a strike when it counted. Splitsville has a free game contest. If you get a strike when the head pin is pink, you win a game. My brother missed the free game by one pin. A little while later, Mr. 103 got a strike! My sister has the coupon as a early X-Mas gift! Melissa, you better use it!
This final picture is of the man I'm named after. My full name is Frank Cornelius Kitchen. This is my grandfather Cornelius Mack. He just turned 80. He's had some heart problems recently, but he's doing a lot better lately. The miracle of medicine!

Thats the cliff notes version of my trip to Florida. I'll add some more pictures in future posts!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Your brother looks so much like you