Friday, December 02, 2005

Holiday Season or Relationship Season?

Relationships….This subject has been coming up a lot lately. I think it’s just that time of year. Every commercial or advertisement is about getting the perfect gift for that special someone. This is the time of year you’re supposed to be with your special someone or family. The weather is cold, so we spend a lot of time inside; and it’s boring to sit around by yourself. I’ve been talking to a lot of friends and relationships seem to be the #1 subject. The funny part is a lot of people come to me for advice or someone to listen too. That’s pretty funny considering I’m single!

“Do you have any romantic ideas?” “What would you do?” “Things aren’t working!” “Why/How are you single?” “I think my relationship is over!” “I’m so happy!” “I don’t understand men/women!” “Thanks for listening.” “What should I do?” “I want someone.” “I want to be in love.” “We need to find you someone Frank.” “What’s everyone doing for new years?” “I’ve met someone who doesn’t have the same dreams and goals as me, but I’m tired of being alone.” “Am I too picky?” “I’m never getting married!” “I’m too nice!” “I’m tired of being alone!” I’m getting too old!” “How does (blank) have a girlfriend/boyfriend and I don’t”

That’s just some of the comments I’ve heard. It’s just that time of the year and people want someone to share our time with. We all have to be true and honest to ourselves. We have our good points and bad points. These points may keep us in a relationship or make us single. Being true and honest to ourselves may not always make us happy, but at least we won’t be lying or cheating ourselves.

Just like a lot of people I’d like to have someone during this “relationship” time of the year, but I can’t just jump at the first woman breathing or shows me interest. I want that woman who gives me butterflies in my stomach and I think about constantly. Unfortunately I haven’t run into her yet. I have to be honest with myself and look myself in the mirror. Do I know what I like and don’t like; what personality I can get along with and what I can’t. For those of you who are lonely, don’t sacrifice yourself so you’re not lonely. For those of you in bad relationships, are you in the relationship just to be in one? For those of you in good relationships, just remember, all of us are jealous of you and you make us sick! LOL (Just Kidding) Honestly, the people who are in happy and good relationships are honest with themselves and each other!

So, to close my relationship ramble, I truly hope everyone finds that relationship they’re looking for. If you’re not in one, make sure you’re genuinely interested in the person you want to ask out/be with, not the fact of “I just want to be with someone.” If you’re not in a good relationship, ask yourself why you’re in it and are both of you truly honest with each other. And for those of you in a good relationship, don’t rub our noses in it, and share the knowledge of your success!

No comments: