Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Christmas Spirit


I'm sure some of you wonder; "do people still have the Christmas Spirit?" I found out the answer over the past couple of weeks. The answer is YES! There are still some people out there who understand the spirit of the Season. I posted information about my cousin and his fellow troops in Iraq. I also posted information at work. I expected to collect a couple of items to mail my cousin. If you look at the picture to the left, you'll see I have more than a "few" items. I pretty much collected a car load full of food. One anonymous donor dropped off easily $100 worth of food at my office. I mailed out 3 boxes of food over the weekend. I also found out that several friends mailed boxes to Iraq and some other friends had their churches mail items. Several people have written letters. I am very thankful to be surrounded by a lot of caring people. I can't send all the food at once, so I'll be shipping it out every couple of weeks. I'm hoping to have everything shipped by February.

I told my cousin about all the well wishes and items coming his way. He sent me a post card, and here are a few lines: "Thanks for all the support and things are going well over here. I feel blessed, but of course, I can't wait to get home. Take care and Happy Holiday!"

No comments: