Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Thank you Rio Hondo


Last Friday I was invited to speak to the student leaders at Rio Hondo College in California. The Community College is located just outside of Los Angeles.

I have had the great opportunity to speak all over the United States and Australia. This was my first time speaking in the state of California! I had to double check to make sure that was right and it was.

I was invited to speak at the schools annual leadership conference. The conference is held to expose students to concepts and techniques to improve their leadership abilities. I was invited to give the opening keynote; facilitate several ice breakers and present two workshops. I had the opportunity to work with a speaker I became friends with this summer. His name is Mark Hartley. I learned a lot watching Mark present his workshops and present the closing keynote.

Tip of the day: No matter how good you think you are, you can always learn more. I took a lot of notes watching Mark. His website is below.

Friday was a fun time! The theme of the day became "attitude." Everyday we have the choice of bringing the right or wrong attitude to everything we do. Mark and I choose to have a lot of fun while sharing our knowledge with the students of Rio Hondo. That attitude was easy for the students to see. They chose to have the same attitude and day became a memorable experience for everyone involved! A fun experience!

For any of the Rio Hondo students reading this post, thank you and please send any photos you took. Above is a photo of Mark and I with one of the students.

Mark Hartley's Website (Click Here)