Wednesday, July 30, 2008

1/3 of the way to the finish line.

Kelly and I are getting ready for the PF Chang's Rock and Roll Marathon in January. Kelly is ahead of me in the training process. I'm playing catch-up. We have six months to the marathon and a lot of training and practice runs to put in. Kelly is already up to 13 miles and I just ran 10 miles for the first time last Saturday. I also had a 8 1/2 mile run last week. While running, my mind started thinking about a lot of things. Practicing speeches, putting together to do lists, and getting caught singing out loud. The one thought that came through my head was..." Wow I just ran 8 miles!" "Then I thought I'm only 1/3 of the way to running a full marathon (26.2 miles)."

We still have 6 months to so, plenty of time to build up the milage. We are both feel a lot better than we did last year when we were training for the 1/2 marathon. The next month will be my tough time because of all the time I'll spend out of town. Seeing the miles Kelly puts in motivates me, so I'll have to work hard to keep up with her. Be on the look out for the 1/2 way there and 3/4 way there blogs!

Cross your fingers for both of us. Especially my "old knees."