Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Florida with the Family

There are a lot of issues with airlines right now, but one perk is frequent flyer miles! All of my traveling over the past year was converted into two free tickets to Florida to see my family. Kelly and I wen to Florid July 1st to the 9th. I haven't seen my family in a while and visiting during the Fourth of July was great. We spent time at the beaches, relaxing, spending time with the family and enjoying the weather. We took a ton of pictures, so I'll do my best to post some of the better pictures and stories.

July 4th Story
Instead of watching the normal government/professional fireworks, we went to the house of my mom's boss. They have a house on a marina and all of the residents have a yearly competition to see who can put on the best "Civilian" Fireworks show. The displays were very impressive. People were shooting off fireworks for at least two hours. They shows were dangerous too! No one was injured, but several of the fireworks never made it in the air. Fireworks in the sky are a lot better than fireworks on the ground.

My brother, Kelly and Mom at Clearwater Beach
GIANT grasshopper in my mom's backyard
Thunderstorm approaching at Clearwater Beach
Pirate Ship Tours of the Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating my brother's 21st Birthday
The house of my mom's boss!

Historic Ybor City Trolly
Ybor City near downtown Tampa. This historic part of town reminds people of New Orleans. The area is full of restaurants, clubs, bars and unique shops. We stopped in to shop at the farmers market and have lunch.
Clearwater Beach. The water was GREAT!
Kelly and I with my mom, sister and brother
Mom and Kelly at Bradenton Beach
Fourth of July sunset near Apollo Beach 
"Civilian Fireworks"
Be careful when using "civilian fireworks!"