Monday, November 19, 2007

Scottsdale Artfest

Many of you know I moved to Arizona a couple of months ago. Arizona does feel like home, but I'm still getting settled in. I'm still trying to adjust to a few things. One of the things I'm adjusting too, but not complaining about is the weather. I'm used to being in cold weather the week before Thanksgiving. I'm liking the 80 degree temperatures herein Arizona. The temperatures are a little higher than normal, but I'm not complaining.

The wether here is similar to what I've experienced in Spring/Early Summer in Ohio. People are planting plants, the golf courses are busy, and there are tons of festivals and fairs. I feel like summer is about to start. It's doesn't feel like Holiday season until I go into the stores or watch TV. My body and mind are definately a little out of wack.

The weather has me out and about more. This weekend Kelly took me to the Scottsdale Artfest. We didn't make any purchases, but it was great to see all the different examples of art on display. I'm used to going to these types of shows in the summer, not at the end of the year. I love all the food, especially the Kettle Corn! MMMMMMMMMMM! Being at the Artfest was motivating for two reasons.

#1 It's great to be around crative people who are pursuing and accomplishing a dream or talent. Many of the vendors were from around the country and world. They were all passionate about what they were doing. You rarely see people passionate about what they do, because it's work. For the vendors, this is a way to make money and provide for themselves, but they all looked happy because they are passionate about what they do. I really loved all the photography vendors. Seeing all the photos from around the world inspires me to travel more and see all of the places in the photographs.

#2 The Artfest cost nothing. I was able to spend a lot of quality time with my girlfriend. We hung out with some of her friends for awhile, but we still had a nice relaxing day to ourselves. There was music, people watching, and good food (that did cost a few bucks). A lot of people complain that they can't do anything because they don't have money. Artfest, fairs, time with friends and more can be done without spending money. All you have to do is look around to see what's going on in your community/local area.

Enjoy the pictures!


You have to love this picture of the SPAM truck! Yes the truck is shaped like the SPAM can. They were giving out free SPAM sandwiches

Two LARGE swans kids were feeding at the Scottsdale Civic Center Park



A recreaton of the "LOVE" statue from Philadelphia

No comments: