Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Phoenix Half Marathon (Click Here)

I'm going to run a Half Marathon! Kelly has beeen running 5K and 10K races this year. Her goal is to build up her indurance to run in a Marathon. I've had the same goal, so we are both in training for the PF Changs Rock N Roll Half Marathon. We've been training for a month now and this weekend we ran 7 miles. We'll run 8 miles on Sunday and Thanksgiving Morning we'll run in a 10 Mile Turkey Day run. The last time I tried training for a half marathon my knees and feet didn't hold up to well. Kelly normally has issues with her feet and ankles

This time Kelly and I have both been smart. We've had our feet examined, we've researched training techniques from books and other runners and most importantly we're eating good and hydrating properly. Our plan is to do the 1/2 marathon in January and sometime next year you should read about us running our first marathon. I've got bad knees, so my first marathon may be my first and last, but when I finish the race, I will have another one of my life time goals knocked off of my "to do list."

For more information on the race, please click on the title above.

No comments: