Sunday, December 17, 2006

Golf in December?







Early this morning I received a phone call from my best friend Scott. He had two questions for me:
#1 "Are you awake?"
#2 "Would you like to play golf?"

We're having a rare "heat wave" here in Ohio and today's high was 65 degrees. Scott informed me of the weather forecast and I answered "yes" to both of his questions. The Painseville Country Club had a special for a one dollar a hole, so we golfed nine holes. I had a very "six-sesful" day. My final score was close to the temperature. I shot a six on almost every hole. I hit at least six trees. I "released" six golf balls back to their native environment after I saved them this summer. The orphaned golf balls were released in the woods, a bush or two and one disappeared in the mud near some geese. My score could have been better, but it was a fun to hangout with Scott, share a few laughs, and enjoy playing golf in Ohio in December!

1 comment:

Brian said...

I'm glad you got out to enjoy the unseasonably warm winter day! My running group enjoyed shorts and short sleeves! We seem to be in the right part of the country with this global warming thing!