Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Four Letter "S" Word



You have to love living in Northeast Ohio! It's only October 12th, but today we had our first snowflakes of the year! The news just reported that this years snow is 1 month and 2 days ahead of last year! It didn't snow for long and the snow didn't stick, but it reminded everyone that winter is around the corner. Pretty soon people will be using that four letter word that starts with the letter "S"......SNOW!

Its tough to think about winter, considering I was just in New Orleans running with my friend Brian. We did a 4 + mile run around the city. Brian lived in New Orleans for 3 months so he took me on a jogging tour of the city. The temperature was in the 80's. It was hard to believe it was October. After returning to the cold weather of Ohio, I definately know what time of the year it is. The crazy thing is, the leaves on the trees are just starting to turn colors.

I'm craving some warm weather. I'll be in Arizona next week, and I'm not sure I'll want to come back!

The picture above was taken from my balcony the other night.

No comments: