Friday, August 04, 2006

My Mission Statement

A lot of people know that I do leadership development with college students. I get asked to speak at conferences and workshops. I'm always giving groups and businesses advice on how to improve themselves. I talk to groups about setting goals and figuring out what their purpose is. The people I work with told me the input I gave them is great.

Their comments got me thinking. I like analogies. Setting goals is like running a race. You have to train yourself to complete the race. I'm always telling people you can't prepare for a race if you don't know what type or race you'll be running in.

I'm always setting goals for myself, but I was never really setting those goals with a main purpose in mind. Life is a marathon, but I've been training for short races. So, recently I decided to make a personal mission statement for myself. A mission statement for my life. I figure I can't reach my goals if I don't share them, so I'm posting my "mission statement" on the internet for all to see. Talk about pressure! It's a good pressure though! =0 )

Here's what I came up with. it's my mission statement and objectives. When I make goals, I'll make sure my goals are ways for me to complete one of my objectives.

The Mission Statement of Frank Cornelius Kitchen

The mission for Frank Kitchen is to live a life full of positive experiences.
This mission will be achieved by constantly pursuing the following goals:

#1. Sharing my dreams, goals, feelings, and thoughts with people close to me.

#2. Dealing with others with honesty, integrity, tolerance, compassion and respect

#3. Sharing, teaching and coaching what I’ve learned with people

#4. Having a positive influence on the people I meet and know

#5. Making things fun and enjoying life

#6. Practicing what I preach

#7. Being financially responsible

#8. Finding opportunities to constantly learn, improve and educate myself.

#9. Taking care of myself physically

#10. Putting myself in positive situations and environments

#11. Traveling as much as possible

#12. Being open, respectful to new ideas To try new things

2 comments:

Kyle said...

great goals, Frank. This is the first step that most people miss --- writing it down, and it is the second step thta most people, who write their goals down miss --- publishing them for all to see!

Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Frank, as always, you are an inspiration to me. Not only do you say what most of us feel yet never express, but you also post it on the internet!