Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Bruise



You're probably looking at the picture above and asking, "What did you do to yourself Frank?"

Here is the story of "The Bruise." The picture is ugly, the story is funny. For anyone who's worried about me, the picture/bruise looks worse than it feels.

I was as a friends party/bbq this past weekend. They have a trampaline in their backyard for their grandaughter. Being the big kid I am, I had to go jump up and down with the kids. I used the excuse that I was helping "watch them!" " I'm making sure they don't get hurt or fall off!" =0 )

While I was watching the kids, someone came over and made the comment, "Frank are you going to do some flips like you used to do?" My flipping days were about 10 years ago. I said no, but my friend's daughter (3 years old) asked me to do a flip. She proceeded several times to show me how to do it, and told me it was easy. Ughhh peer presure from a 3 year old. Then came the sad face with the sad question of "Uncle Frank, can you please do a flip for me?"

I agreed, this is the point where your brain forgets how old the rest of the body is. So, the big kid in me started bouncing on the trampaline. I didn't want to flip off the trampaline, so I backed up. At this point I've got about 20 people watching me and cheering me on. More peer presure. I heard there were a lot of bets of me killing myself and comments about getting a video camera and putting the video on the internet. So, the moment of truth came, no turning back! I bounced I went into my flip, and I landed it! I didn't die! I didn't kill myself! Wow

Somehow though I kneed or kicked myself in the arm doing the flip. My are was sore the rest of the night. People were laughing at me. It was no big deal. Two days later I went to work out and look what I saw in the mirror!

I hope everyone had a good laugh at that story! Just remember, you may not be old, but we all get older and there are just some things we can't do like we used to! =0 )

I hope you liked the flip from your "Uncle Frank" Nkaya! =0 )

No comments: