Sunday, January 20, 2013

Unexpected Baby Gift

On Saturday, Kelly and I went out for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. Kelly and I were talking about how dinner would be one of our last dinners as a couple. Our little boy is a few days away from joining us. Once he's born, we'll be asking for a table for three versus a table for two.

Kelly and I were seated and we ordered one of our favorites off the menu. There we two ladies enjoying dinner at the table next to us. The server came over to ask, "would you like dessert tonight?"

Kelly and I looked at the ladies and said, "dessert sounds good." The ladies responded with, "I'm sure you're little one would like that." The ladies asked Kelly when the baby was due and went back to enjoying their dinner and dessert.

Their dessert of macaroons and ice cream looked really good. I suggested to Kelly that we order the same as a treat to ourselves.

When we finished our meal, we were all ready to order our dessert when a cake and ice cream appeared. The manager told us the dessert was from the two ladies who sat next to us.  We thought that was really nice until we heard, "Dessert and dinner are on Mary." Mary was one of the two ladies, told the manager that dinner and dessert was her baby gift to us.

I was able to talk to Mary's friend before she left the restaurant. I gave her a note to share with Mary. I said, "Thank you from Kelly and Frank."

That was just the start of a good night for me and Kelly. Before we left the restaurant we asked the manager to call us next time Mary visits.

Mary's act of kindness put us in a great mood the rest of the night. We were kind to every person we met the rest of the night.

No comments: