Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2013....The year of "I will..."

Welcome to 2013!

Another year! Another new start for many of us! The chance to wipe the slate clean and start anew. The opportunity to push the restart button.

Did you remember playing a game or video game, you make the wrong move and lose or you see the words "Game Over"? Then it happens again. Before it happens again, you push the restart button or say "lets start over." You do this, so you don't experience failure again. That's life for many of us. Life is one big learning opportunity with the chance to start over and try again. The new year is  your restart button, but the key is to learn from your mistakes, change your thinking and apply what you've learned.

Do you remember saying, "this won't happen again!" You tell yourself, "I will........"

This is what you need to do with your life. Make a new start.

My biggest new start this year will be fatherhood. I will be a father! But the question is, what kind of father will I be? I can talk about being a good father, but that's just talk.

I will be a good father! Just those changes of words makes all the difference in the world. When we say we will do something, our mental state changes. When we say we want to do something, thing could happen or they may not. But when you say they will happen, the likely hood of what you said happening will.

I'm  good at setting goals, but what I want to do is achieve my goals. This year, I will be sitting down with my wife and writing down all of the things I WILL DO in 2013. Not what I'm thinking about doing or would like to do, but what I WILL DO!

This little change in attitude will make of the difference in this being the year I in-vision 2013 being versus the year I hope 2013 to be. I don't want to hit the restart button in 2014 saying, time to try again. 2014 will be a whole new game.


I had set the goal to type 100 blogs in 2012 and I didn't hit it. This year I will post 52 Blogs. That's one a week. This will be an achievement I WILL succeed at. Why? Because 2013 is the year of  "I WILL!"


Happy New Year!
Frank

No comments: