Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Year New Look

Jim Rohn said "You are the average of the five people you spend most of your time with"

I feel the quote means, "You are a reflection of the people you surround yourself with."
 
If you surround your with positive people. You will be a positive person. If you're around negative people, you'll probably be in a negative mood most of the time or have negative experiences.
 
I'm a positive person and the person I spend the most time with is my wife. That's her in the picture above. We don't always agree on everything, but there are a lot of things we do agree on. To be honest, Kelly says a lot of smart things that I don't agree with right away, but after I think about it, I let her know she's right.
 
I'm a reflection of her encouragement, ideas and drive. As I type this blog, we're not so patiently waiting for the birth of our first child. We're going to be the people he's around the most. We want him to be a reflection of us. We have to be the role models. We have to practice what we preach and project the behaviors we want him to display.
 
Kelly made a comment to me last year that some of my advertising didn't reflect who I was. She told me that my speaking partner Rodger and I are very energetic and positive people. She said we have colorful personalities and speeches. Then she asked the question..."Why is your advertising in Black?" It was a great question. The color black can be seen something negative, not colorful, and just lack personality. We changed our promotional items to red and instantly people started talking about how fun our materials were!

2013 is going to be a positive year for me and my family. My blog needs to reflect that. This blog was black and very lifeless. That needed to change. So, with Kelly's thumbs up, I changed the layout and color of the blog tonight.

I looked up the color red on the internet. Here's what I found.

Put some red in your life when you want:
  • increased enthusiasm and interest
  • more energy
  • action and confidence to go after your dreams
  • protection from fears and anxieties
The words above are great examples of what I want this blog to exude. I want this blog to be a reflection of me and the people I surround myself with. I love being around enthusiastic people with interesting stories. I love people of energy, action and confidence. I love listening to people who live their dreams. I'm really inspired by people who don't let their fears and anxieties prevent them from making their dreams happen.
 
I'll be blogging a lot this year. I'll be adding a lot of red to my life and sharing my life with you!
 
Have a great week! 

No comments: