Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Speech Coaching



“Selling your Apple” – Delivering Speeches with value and impact!


Weather you are preparing yourself for a Wedding Toast, Work Presentation, Acceptance Speech, Award Ceremony, Graduation Speech or a Keynote Performance, Glossophobia can strike…the fear of speaking in public. Public speaking is the number one fear of people worldwide.

Apples are like speeches. They have value and impact. That value and impact are recognized when presented clearly and passionately.


Speaking in public can be very rewarding. To have a great experience, you need the proper tools, practice, time and engaging teachers. You need someone to take you from fearing public speaking to enjoying the sweet success of presenting.


The BAD BAD Apples have traveled the world delivering messages that have inspired, educated and entertained thousands. They will design and customize a program that provides you the opportunity to shine the next time you deliver a speech, lecture or presentation.


TESTIMONIALS

Karen Boswell


My name is Karen Boswell. I have worked with Frank Kitchen at the Phoenix Zoo for over 2 years now since 2009.


Frank was asked by management to help observe and train the Trail Guide staff. When my turn came up he was smiling while I gave my talk on Elephants. When I was done I asked for his comments. He smiled wider and said "Karen your content was excellent. No problem there, but what I saw surprised me. You are shy! You are not comfortable promoting yourself! The public needs to know why you are here, who you are, and where your next talk is!" I laughed too, because he was SO right! I was not aware of my shyness, but when he brought it to my attention he was spot on!


I am your Experience Guide at the Phoenix Zoo! My name is Karen Boswell! After we talk about Elephants I will be available to answer your questions! My next talk will be at the Flamingo exhibit at 11 AM. See you there!


Thanks Frank, your advice was so simple yet so effective!

Frank Kitchen CAN help improve your public speaking skills! I highly recommend him!


Oloho Delano


I remember when I first started college, I didn’t really know what to expect. When I was in high school, I believed that college was something for the really smart kids. For me, going to college to accomplish my dream of being a doctor seemed impossible, because I stuttered. I was raised to work hard, get a factory job, and pay bills, and ultimately that’s what I did. I got into a great company, making great money, with great benefits, but there was one thing wrong, I wasn’t happy. Deep down inside I knew that the factory life wasn’t for me. It was great work, but it didn’t utilize the skills that I believed I had somewhere inside me. I knew that I had to go to college, but how do you quit a great job? Where would I start? Could I do it? I didn’t know, but something drove me to figure it out. I told myself that if I was going to do it that I was going to give it my best effort, and whatever happens, happens, and I went for it.

One of the first people that I met was Frank Kitchen. Here’s this tall, slender guy who was always smiling and always positive. I was like, what’s wrong with this guy no one can be that happy all the time! But there was one thing that really drew me to him, his genuine love for people. And that gift that Frank has inspired me to perform my first speech ever in my entire life. Actually it was a speech that I wrote for him to speak, but he wouldn’t do it. He told me, “You wrote it, you have to do it,” and he just stood there smiling. And I’m thinking, “what an ass! I don’t do public speaking.” But deep down inside I really did want to do it, but I conditioned myself so well to fear speaking because of my stutter that I really believed that it was impossible. But Frank worked with me, coached me, and told me to go do it! Well, I did it, and then went on to do several more speeches, and today I coach and inspire high school students to be all they can be.

What Frank did for me, he can do for anyone who attends his coaching seminars. Whether or not you believe you can do it or not, just show up, and let Frank do the rest. If you really have a desire to get better at public speaking you won’t be disappointed! Just show up, smile, and start speaking. Like Frank told me, just do it!

From a lifetime friend,

Oloho

Danny Fortes

I was scared to do a Best Man's speech at my friends wedding. After watching Frank give an awesome speech at an event I attended. I asked him for a few pointers because I was dreading the whole experience the wedding was less than a month away. Frank gave me a half a dozen solid pointers from start to finish. From there I drafted my speech and implemented every tip he gave me. My speech was awesome!!! I got so many compliments from people who were in attendance. He has now given me the confidence to do public speaking. Thanks Frank you have a talent for teaching.


Emily Awbrey

Ever since middle school I have had a fear of getting in front of people to present information or give a speech. I even avoided taking speech class in high school.

Now, as a business professional, I have been requested to give presentations and I would continue to pawn it off on someone else to avoid the spotlight. Naturally, I have an outgoing personality and believe I could actually be good at public speaking. I was ready to face this fear and give public speaking a shot, so when I was asked to participate on a panel discussion at a state-wide conference I felt it was time to step up to the plate.


About a month prior to the panel discussion, I discovered Frank Kitchen, a friend, was a professional speaker and coach, and kindly asked for assistance. Frank was more than happy to help me and actually got me excited about the event.


He worked me one-on-one to discover my root issues with speaking and designed a plan to conquer these issues. Working through this process allowed me to properly prepare myself and deliver a thoughtful, informative discussion with no voice quivers! It was a great success and I really could not have done it without Frank!


Thank you Frank for your encouragement and determination in seeing me through this process!

No comments: