Thursday, April 19, 2012

Minimum Wage is not enough!

The economy is crazy right now. Everyone says things are getting better, but are they really?

There are people looking for work and can't find anything, even if they are qualified or over qualified. If you do find employment, the hours are terrible or not enough.

There are a lot of people who are working two or three jobs. That's a tough balancing act, but something that has to be done to pay the bills.

I have personally experienced jobs asking me about my loyalties or priorities when they find out I have other work.

To be honest, I've worked up to four jobs at one time to make only a percentage of what I made in the past. Minimum wage sucks and it makes you feel very "minimum." It's not even enough for you to pay your bills. And we know the bill collectors don't care.

I was recently directed to an interesting diagram on a website. It show's how many hours a person would have to work to get an apartment if they made minimum wage.

I really think the government should take a "true" look at the figures. They can talk about creating jobs, but what type of jobs are they creating. Just like I said on CNN a few years ago, people don't want any job, they want good jobs.

Click on this LINK to learn more!

No comments: