Sunday, April 15, 2012

Birdie!

I'm have a long list of goals I want to achieve and experience.

I call my list, my Grocery List. Its a life time list of wants and needs. It's a cool feeling to cross off items on the list.

One of my goals this year is to play more golf. I moved the golf mecca of Phoenix about five years ago from Ohio. As soon as I moved here I stopped playing. One reason was golf is expensive. The other reason wadi had no money. No money no golf.

I'm working on both situations this year. My grocery list has a several golf accomplishments on it. One is to score a "birdie" on a hole. That means I score one under par on a given hole. Which means it takes me one stroke less than what is expected for that hole.

Last week at the Mountain Shadows Golf Course in Paradise Valley, Arizona the golf gods smiled on me. After not playing golf for almost two years, I scored my first birdie ever. I've come close before, but nothing.

My friend Ryan and my father-in-law were there to witness my triumph. They also saw me loose about 6 golf balls, hit a hotel, hit two streets, hit a wall, hit a ball on the driving range when I wasn't practicing and double hit a ball. All the bad shots went away when I accomplished my dream in Hole #15.

Good Luck achieving your dreams!

No comments: