Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Normally This Weird"


A photo from the set of "Normally This Weird"

On Monday, I was given the opportunity to dust off my acting skills. Rusty is a better way to describe my skills. I was asked by my friend Nathan to play a role in his web series "Normally This Weird." I was asked to play the part of a special agent. Imagine the agents from the movie "Men in Black."

It's always fun to act, but I'll admit to being rusty and nervous. I have to thank Nathan and the other actors for not laughing when I started speaking my line before the words "action" were said. I learned a lot and I hope I get the opportunity to work with Nathan and his crew again.

For everyone reading this, I offer this piece of advice. If you want to improve your people skills and communication skills, TAKE AN ACTING CLASS. Acting classes give you a great opportunity to explore your emotions, body language and communicating abilities. You may think you're expressing one thing and discover people are reading you completely different. The acting classes and workshops I've participated with in the past really helped me with my soft skills. The classes were also a good way to relieve stress. After a long hard day, it's great to play the part of a jerk or villain and get all your anger out without upsetting someone.

When I get more photos from my day as a special agent, I'll be sure to post them.

For more information on the web series, please click the link below:
"Normally This Weird"

No comments: