Friday, February 11, 2011

Follow Your Passion

Tonight I was invited by a new friend to speak to a group of Marketing Students at Arizona State University. I was the Master of Ceremonies for a program on the Elements of Effective Speaking.
During the program I had endless energy. Why? Because speaking and entertaining people is a passion of mine.

As the end of the program, my friends and I were on "Cloud 9." The four of us have a passion for speaking and the ASU students allowed us to pursue our passion. We got a high that we don't want to go away.

Wouldn't it be great if life were like that? On my way home I talked to a friend. I discussed how it's great to do something you are truly passionate about. It's even better when people appreciate and acknowledge your passion. Thank you ASU for your time and the "fellowship" after wards at dinner.

Back to my life comment. Society is teaching us that we have to get a job and that's what life is about. Life is about living! Living is about doing what you are passionate about. The thing that keeps you awake at night. The thing that puts a smile on your face. The thing that makes you loose time because you work on it for hours without realizing it.

The people who have left a legacy on society and a mark on history are passionate people. We are not taught to pursue our passions. We must be adults and mature. Kids are some of the most passionate people alive. They are full of energy and passion. What happens to us as adults.

Working with the college students tonight, we talked about how fun it is to be on a campus because everyone is pursing a dream or a passion. Then they graduate and get into "the real world." We get hired to help someone else to accomplish their passions and dreams and forget about ours.

The best part about my passion is, I'm helping meeting accomplish their passion while I'm living mine. For everyone reading this. Pursue your dreams now or you'll spend your life wishing you did. Work to do something you are passionate about and it won't feel like work at all. You will have a constant high and a huge smile!

Good Luck and thank you for reading!

No comments: