Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kelly and I are engaged!

This is what the ring looks like! We both decided to be less traditional then most couples. Kelly told me a I did a good job. It's her style and she really likes it!

Here are a few pictures from today's events. Thank you everyone for your "Congratulations" and well wishes."Kelly, please say Yes! In any language!"
Not the best picture, but it looks good to me!
The ring box, with a little note inside....
"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."
--Roy Croft
The decoy! Kelly saw this box first and wanted to know what was up. She was completely surprised!

Blog #500 kicks off a major moment/milestone/event in my life. This morning after a nice three mile walk with Kelly, I surprised Kelly. Yes, I asked her to marry me! She said yes! And now I have the biggest smile on my face. Her smile is pretty big too!

I kept things simple and our style. Before our walk, I told Kelly I need to go back into the house and get my allergy medicine. I was totally lying! I went back into the house to grab the ring and set-up a few other props/gifts for the big surprise.

I set them up in the living room and joined Kelly for our walk. When we got home, she walked in the front door and found a small gift box, two photo albums and several pieces of paper with a foreign (Non-English) words typed on them. When she turned around to ask me, "What's all this?" I was on my knee with the ring box open and my proposal ready to recite.

Things worked out perfect! This weekend is the third anniversary of when we first met. Today is 9-12-09. I didn't propose at 9:12 AM on 9-12-09 but I got pretty close. Just a little before 9AM. I gave Kelly a ring with 12 diamonds in it during the 9th month of the year. 9-12!

The pieces of paper has "Yes" translated into five different languages. The first photo album has pictures of me picking out Kelly's ring. The second album is a family heirloom. It's over 37 years old. It's a leather bound wedding album. It has my family history in the front (family tree, birth dates, etc). Then it has the normal wedding registry and guest sign in. The book is empty, so it's ready for Kelly and I to use for our wedding and our family.

I also included a special letter for Kelly. I write her a monthly newsletter describing our relationship. This letter was a special edition of the newsletter, expressing how much I love her and how happy I am she came into my life.

Today has been a great day. Lots of phone calls have been made. The ring looks great on Kelly. I look forward to a great future with my former girlfriend, current fiance and future wife! =0 )