Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm a part of the "Smart Phone" Generation!


After years of fighting, I broke down this week and joined the world of "Smart Phone" people. I didn't invest in a "Crackberry", but I got something just as addictive. Yes, I have a Iphone!

I'm a big supporter of Apple products, but I couldn't see why people needed everything that a Iphone has to offer. Over the last year, I have weighed my options and done a lot of research. Blackberry, Iphone, stay with my ordinary phone? What to do?

After "playing" err....researching what all the phone companies have to offer, I stayed loyal to Apple. I'm loving the phone, but I barely know what I'm doing with it. The main reason I got the phone is because of my travel and my business. I have been stuck in a lot of airports this year without internet access. When I can get it, it costs an arm, a leg and my first born child. I've been in new cities everyday and just trying to locate the basics can become difficult. Plus I have to pack light. Who wants to carry a GPS, a Phone, a camera, an Ipod and a computer everywhere you go?

I've observed all the "smart people" over the last year. After being delayed for over 20+ hours on a flight home this summer, I watched several people (business and casual travelers) pull out their phones. The didn't just call work and family members. They started checking weather, booking new flights, ordering pizzas and booking hotels! Wow! One couple started watching movies. Technology is amazing.

So, be on the lookout for blogs from the road (literally). It looks like I will be attached to the grid 24/7. Hopefully I won't become like many of the people I see and start naming my phone!