Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Spring Cleaning...Err Summer Cleaning?

Summer finally arrived in Cleveland this weekend! We had temperatures in the 90's (30 C for my Aussie readers) with high humidity. Thank you Air Conditioning! I tired doing the fan thing, but blowing hot air on yourself doesn't cool you off.

I have a lot of things I want to do/need to do this summer but it's tough to start new projects when you don't have things in order. I'm a big believer that you can't help yourself or others until you have your house/stuff in order. I was out of town during Cleveland's 3 week spring, so I spent this weekend doing my late "Spring Cleaning." I'm not really an impulse buy type of person, but man do I have a lot of uneeded and unused stuff in my place. I took time to make three piles of unused stuff.....#1 Stuff I can sell and get a few $$$ back (vacation/holiday/pay the bills fund).........#2 Stuff I can give to Goodwill.........#3 Trash! My feeling is, if you have something that you haven't seen or used in a year and it doesn't have sentimental value, it's got to go! Why hide stuff in a closet!

After sorting through things, it was nice to just go clean up a lot of the dirt and dust that build up over the winter. Wow, I never knew how dirty my outside windows can get. My place never really gets that dirty, but after cleaning up things this weekend, I'm definately more motivated to start working on new things. I'll be painting the walls in my place this summer, so if anyone wants to help out, please help! I'll be sure to post before and after pictures.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

That pic of you and the model chick is HOT! You make a hot couple! You need to hook that up!!:)