Friday, May 19, 2006

DaVinci Code


I went to see DaVinci Code today and I have a couple of words to say....."Critics don't know anything!" I'd love to see a critic go write or direct a movie. How can you really judge what entertains people? Yes, movies are not real. No the movie isn't just like the book, you can't have 10 hour movies!

Now that I've vented; I'm one of the few people in the world who hasn't read the book. So, I guess I had no expectations and didn't know what to expect. No movie is ever "just like" the book. After watching the movie, I'd like to read the book now.

I won't give anything away, but if you like movies with a good storyline, require you to think, aren't over done with special effects, has good actors and lots of twists and turns, go see the movie.

On the Frank Kichen scale of movies, I give the DaVinci Code 3 stars out of 4.

Rating System
4 Stars - Buy the movie
3 Stars - Go see the movie
2 Stars- Discount Theater, Rental
1 Star - Don't waste your time or wait for free TV

No comments: