Friday, May 05, 2006

I'm heading home!

The Baron Falls in the rainforest near Cairns (Pronounced Cans)
A few people call me the chocolate bald man. I saw this sign and had to publish!
"Scuba Frank!" I saw sea turtles, bat fish, a shark , several manta rays, schools of fish, giant clam and a whole bunch of other stuff I don't know how to pronounce.

After 40 days away from home 38 of them in Australia, I'm heading home. I could stay here longer, this is a beautiful country, but I'm running out of money and I do miss my friends and family. I leave in about 12 hours from Brisbane. I just arrived from Cairns.

I had a great time in Cairns. I went out to the Great Barrier Reef and scuba dived for the first time ever. Spent my time chasing down sea turtles and taking pics with my underwater camera. I'll post the pics when I get home. After visiting the reef, I took a trip into the Australian Rainforests. Amazing is all I can say. Once again I will post more pictures.

If peope get a chance to travel to the land down under, or you're thinking about it, DO IT! I've met a lot of great people and many have told me I can stay with them when I return. Thank you! I saw a lot, but there is so much I didn't see. One word of advice, bring some good walking shoes. I've walked over 50+ miles this week!

I'll see or talk to everyone later this week! More stories when I get home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos Frank - Welcome home and glad to hear you are there safe and well. How was the excess baggage on departure as I am sure you would have gathered up some more stuff. Colleen

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Kyle said...

Frank,

What an amazing trip! I had fun just reading about your fun. Scuba Diving is one of my life goals --- can't wait to connect with you again. Take care,

Kyle